This Privacy Notice sets out how The Company, will handle personal information in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Law 2016 (“PDPA”) and the laws of Indonesia.
DEFINING PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal information refers to any information, which relates directly or indirectly to you. This includes any information that can be used to distinguish, identify, contact or locate you.
WHAT KIND OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT?
Because of the nature of the business and financial transactions carried out by us, the Company may collect personal information including but not limited to:
- Your contact information, such as your name, race, gender, address(es), telephone number(s), email address(es), national identification card details, passport details, occupation details, bank account information, salary range, source of funds and other relevant contact information;
- Contact information of other persons that are privy to your fund transfer (e.g. the beneficiary of your remittance order), such as the beneficiary’s name, address(es), telephone number(s), national identification card details, bank account information and other relevant contact information
- Information relating to your transaction history with us;
- Information captured on security systems, including a recording of your image on Closed-Circuit Television (CCTV) and/or information you provide us regarding your marketing preferences or in the course of participating in surveys, contests or promotional offers.
including but without limitation to Anti-Money Laundering, Anti-Terrorism Financing and Proceeds of Unlawful Activities Law No. 3 of 2011, Law No. 5 of 2018, Law No. 8 of 2010, and Law No. 9 of 2013,and such other laws and regulations as may be applicable from time to time.
Where you provide us with the personal information of the beneficiary of your remittance order, you confirm that you have obtained the prior consent of your beneficiary(ies) to provide us with their personal information and to view or change their information.
HOW DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
- Buy a product or service from us (including buying products or services online);
- Process or transmit funds over the counter
- Subscribe to one of our publications by electronic, print or other media (for example exchange rate broadcast, newsletters and brochures);
- Ask us for more information about a product or service (through verbal, written or electronic communications);
- From the financial transaction(s) you make
- Contact us with a query or complaint;
- respond to a promotional offer, survey, prize draw or contest; and/or
- visit or browse our website or the websites of our affiliates, strategic partners or resellers.
Other than personal information obtained from you directly, the Company may also obtain your personal information from third parties the Company deal with or connected with you, for example from travel partners, communications service providers, financial institutions, credit reporting agencies and from such other sources in respect of which you have given your consent to disclose information relating to you and/or where otherwise lawfully permitted.
The Company also uses Closed-Circuit Television (CCTV) to record footage at our premises.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The Company may collect personal information from you or from the category of third parties identified above which is to be utilized for one or more of the following purpose: –
- to process your orders for our products or services, as well as to keep you updated with the progress of your order;
- to process your orders for products or services provided by third parties, as well as to keep you updated with the progress of your order;
- for identification and verification purposes;
- to ensure the completion of your remittance order(s);
- to provide you with customer support and services;
- to respond to any queries or complaints you may have about using our products or services;
- to keep you informed of our new products and services;
- to contact you with offers or promotions based on your usage of our products or services (e.g. your calling and messaging activities, frequent country(ies) you remit money or travel to, etc.)
- to carry out research and statistical analysis, and monitor customer usage of our products and services on an anonymised basis or aggregated in a manner that does not identify you as an individual
- to be retained for use in your future transactions with us;
- to prevent and detect fraud, money laundering or any other crimes; and/or
- for any other purpose that is required or permitted by any law, regulations, guidelines and/or relevant regulatory authorities.
CCTV footage at our branches, in particular, may also be used for the following purposes:
- for quality assurance purposes;
- to monitor the safety and security of staff and other customers;
- detecting and deterring suspicious, inappropriate or unauthorised use of our facilities;
- detecting and deterring criminal behaviour;
- conducting incident investigations and/or;
- to comply with legal and regulatory requirements.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
As a part of providing you with our services and products and the management and/or operation of the same, the Company may be required or need to disclose information about you the following third parties:
- companies and/or organisations that act as our agents, partners, service providers and/or professional advisers, and such parties as necessary to comply with legal and regulatory requirements;
- companies and/or organisations that assist us in processing and/or otherwise fulfilling transactions that you have requested (including the financial institution acting on behalf of the beneficiary of your remittance order);
- our business associates and other parties for purposes that are directly related to the purpose of collecting your personal information; and/or
- other parties in respect of whom you have given your express or implied consent;
- our prospective or new owners (if any) in which instance, the Company would require them to adopt a policy of similar nature to protect your personal data and subject at all times to any laws (including regulations, guidelines and/or obligations) applicable to the Company
- Any person, which is required by law, rule, regulation, court order and under any guidelines issued by regulatory or other authorities;
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Company takes all reasonable precautions to ensure your personal information is protected against unauthorized or accidental loss, misuse, modification, disclosure or destruction. However, the Company cannot guarantee or warrant the security of personal information you disclose or transmit online and cannot be responsible for alteration, interception or misuse of information transmitted via the internet.
The Company may use your personal information to provide you with information about our and third party services and/or products, which may be of interest or benefit you, except where otherwise requested by you.
In certain instances, the Company may disclose your relevant personal information to our strategic partners where your prior consent has been obtained and subject at all times to any laws (including regulations, guidelines and/or obligations) applicable to us. The Company take reasonable steps to make sure that our agreements with service providers include appropriate privacy and confidentiality obligations.
If you do not wish your personal information to be utilised for the purposes of marketing or should you change your mind in relation to your previous decision, please contact us at the address detailed at the end of this Privacy Notice. The Company will abide by your latest written instructions to us.
WHAT IF PERSONAL INFORMATION PROVIDED BY YOU IS INCOMPLETE?
Where indicated (for example in application forms), it is obligatory to provide your personal information to us to enable us to process your application for our services and/or products. Should you decline to provide such obligatory personal information, the Company may not be able to process your application or provide you with our services and/or products.
YOUR RIGHTS TO ACCESS AND CORRECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Company can assist you to access and correct your personal data held by us.
Where you wish to have access to your personal information in our possession, or where you are of the opinion that such personal information held by us is inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or where relevant, not up-to-date, you may make a request to us via our Data Access Request Form or Data Correction Request Form respectively. These forms are available at our branches.
The Company will use reasonable efforts to comply with your request to access or correct your personal information within 21 days of receiving your duly completed Data Access Request Form/Data Correction Request Form and the relevant processing fee (if any).
Please note that the Company may have to withhold access to your personal information in certain situations, for example when the Company are unable to confirm your identity or where information requested for is of a confidential commercial nature or in the event the Company receive repeated requests for the same information. Nevertheless, the Company will notify you of the reasons for not being able to accede to your request.
TRANSFER OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Some of the information that you provide to us may be required to be transferred outside of Indonesia for processing. Strict rules regarding the confidentiality and safety of your information are in place to safeguard it. The transfer of your information may be made to our databases in other countries, as well as to third parties, such as financial institutions outside of Malaysia. This transfer is required in order to process your fund transfers. It should be noted however, that not all of these countries outside Indonesia have an “adequate level of protection” for personal information. Therefore the Company cannot guarantee that your data will be protected in accordance with Malaysia’s applicable laws but the Company will nevertheless try to take every precaution in securing the safety of any of your personal information as outlined in this Privacy Notice.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT WHEN YOU VISIT US ONLINE
If you choose to obtain information or do business with us online by visiting www.currencyexchange.co.id, you may wish to know the following:
The Company Website
When you visit the Website, the Company collects standard internet log information and details of visitor behavior patterns to ascertain the number of visitors to the various parts of the Website. Such information is not linked to you as an individual. We use such information to evaluate and improve the features, guest experience and functionality of our Website.
The Company collects information about your use of the website from cookies. Cookies are packets of information stored in your computer which assist your website navigation by customizing site information tailored to your needs. Cookies in themselves do not identify the individual user, just the computer used. You are not obliged to accept cookies. If you are concerned, you can set your computer either to accept all cookies, to notify you when a cookie is issued, or not to receive cookies at any time. However, rejection of cookies may affect your use of the website as we will be unable to personalize aspects of your use of the website.
Further information about cookies and how they work is available at www.allaboutcookies.org. To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across the Website please visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
Links To Third Party Websites
Please be informed that this Privacy Notice applies solely to the Website and does not apply to any third party websites you may access from the Website. The Company is not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of such websites as they may have privacy policies independent of the Company. To determine how these third-party websites (e.g. Twitter, Facebook, YouTube) deal with your Personal Information, you should ensure that you read their respective privacy policies.
UPDATES TO OUR PRIVACY NOTICE
We may amend this Privacy Notice from time to time. Please check our website on an ongoing basis for information on our most up-to-date practices
In the event this Privacy Notice is translated into a language other than English, it is done solely for convenience purpose, with only the English language version of this Privacy Notice shall prevail.
OUR CONTACT DETAILS
Should you have any queries, concerns or complaints in relation to this Privacy Notice, kindly contact us during office hours at the following contact points:
Attn: PT. Bali Primadana Gemilang
Telephone: (0361) 755424
Address: Jl. Kartika Plaza No.102b, Kuta, Kabupaten Badung, Bali 80361, Indonesia
A current version of this Privacy Notice is available on our website at www.currencyexchange.co,id.